Friday, August 26, 2005

More miss-information from the right

I'm going to give some quotes from Bush Administation officials and talk about something that my 2nd favorite right-wing talk show host said yesterday.

These were taken from Media Maters

On the March 16, 2003, broadcast of CBS' Face the Nation, Cheney stated: "I think [the war will] go relatively quickly." When host Bob Schieffer pressed the vice president to offer a more precise estimate of how long the war would take, Cheney replied: "Weeks rather than months." On NBC's Meet the Press the same day, Cheney stated, "my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators [by the Iraqi people]."
In a February 7, 2003, appearance at Aviano Air Base in Italy, Rumsfeld projected that the Iraq war "could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."
In a February 13, 2002, Washington Post op-ed, Ken Adelman, at the time a member of the Defense Policy Board, stated: "I believe demolishing Hussein's military power and liberating Iraq would be a cakewalk. Let me give simple, responsible reasons: (1) It was a cakewalk last time; (2) they've become much weaker; (3) we've become much stronger; and (4) now we're playing for keeps."

Now we get onto Rush who on his radio show "This has always been portrayed as something that's gonna be hard; it's part of the war on terror and no end date was ever given, and the ease with which all this was gonna happen was never stated."

So with the short memory he and other right-wingers have he has conveniently forgotton the quotes from Cheney and Adelman that I listed above. So I ask as I always do is you people who support these obvious liars how do you sleep at night? How come you are oblivious to the facts that they are lying to you and how come you are stupid enough to believe them??

No comments: