Friday, August 12, 2005

Yet again my favorite target

I turn 35 on Sunday. It's kinda a milestone birthday. I've always said I'm going to be honest with my views and honest with you, my readers.

I've not been, shall we say, sucessful in my life. I've done some great things as well as some things that have not been great. But I have been happy with the people I know and the things I've done and I accept the choices I've made, both good and bad.

The reason I'm saying all this is I once in awhile listen to Bill O'Reilly for a couple of reasons one so I can laugh the other is to get my topics cause usually I feel he's wrong on pretty much everything as you've seen on previous posts.

The other day I was listening to his show and he stated pretty much if you are not successful in America you are either "stupid,addicted,or have mental problems."

Now again I know just people who are well-educated and not successful who can't seem to catch a break and I know people who are not educated who are great successes.

All that matters really in terms of success and failure is being in the right place at the right time. If you want to be successfull you will find a way to be successful. The individual has to have the disire and will to succeed.

I'm going to use two example, one can look at our President. He's not the brightest person in the world in fact, before he became President he FAILED at every business he was a part of. Look what happened.

Also President Clinton. He didn't make the best decisions while in office (at least concerning his sex life) yet he is known as being very intelligent (which to me is no doubt).

One more thing.. 6 years ago in 1999 we were paying $.99 per gallon of gas. Now in Los Angeles I look around and see $2.60. Anyone who is saying this has nothing to do with the illegal war in Iraq are missing the point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I hadn't been successful in the first place, I never would have been in a position to make those decisions.

Anonymous said...

Happy Burthday buddy.