Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Aid to New Orleans

I'm just wondering when disaster strikes, like the Tsunami that hit Asia, The United States is usually among the first countries to give aid. As one of, if not the, richest nation in the world we should help the less fortunate countries of the world. I don't have a significant problem with that.

Now we are hurting severely. The death and destruction in Louisiana,Mississippi and Alabama is incredible to say the least. Where are our allies when we are hurting as we are now? England? Japan? Saudi Arabia we need help. The only leader I heard offer help was Hugo Chavez of Venezuela. You know the person who Pat Robertson said we need to kill.

I'm not going to blame Bush on this one (suprise) but this is more proof how hated the United States has become in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did not get much aid in 1992 when hurricane Andrew struck either, nor any other disaster in the U.S. that I can think of with the possible exception of 9/11.

Erik said...

Mark this date down we actually agree on something. I don't even know we got much help on 9/11. I don't recall though. Maybe if someone reads this they will know.