Thursday, August 25, 2005

Extremism--Definition from Bill O'Reilly

On Bill O'Reilly yesterday his talking points covered the subject of extremism. Looking up the definition from dictionary.com extremism has two entries. Here is what it means.

2 entries found for Extremism.

n: One who advocates or resorts to measures beyond the norm, especially in politics.

n : any political theory favoring immoderate uncompromising policies

Here is O'Reilly's definition of extremism. There are a few entries here.
An extremist is someone who rejects facts and holds on to opinions no matter what.

In my opinion, extremists have a neurosis. They really don't want to hear anything other than the conclusion they've arrived at, no matter what the evidence suggests.

If you agree that Allah is OK with slaughtering civilians, you're extreme.

If you admire the philosophy of the Third Reich, you're there.

So if we take what O'Reilly means, and anyone who disagrees with his and his parties viewpoints is an extremist.

Again this goes along with what Rush said the other day and the only people who are the extremists are Rush and O'Reilly who actully think this garbage. Of course they will claim this was taken out of context or some lame excuse but this is further proof when I call the media right-wing psychopaths. I can't stress enough how they are out of control and need vallium to calm down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, you didn't look at the definition on dictionary.com very closely. Your first definition is for an extremist.

I really must say that you also come across as an extremist. The very name of your blog site at the very least, suggests this. It seems that you believe anyone who disagrees with your viewpoints is a psychopath (def: "A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse")

Erik said...

Am I calling for murders of George W? Like Pat Robertson is Hugo Chaves? Like Bill O'Reilly has?? Like Ann Coulter has Bill Clinton??

Erik said...

And if I sound pissed off I'm tired of these guys saying anything and not being called on it. And am I allowing all viewpoints if I didn't you would not be allowed to post!

Erik said...

One more thing am I calling you unpatrotic because you disagree as these psychopaths are to me cause I disagree with them?