Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rafel Palmeiro

I'd like to make a comment on Rafael Palmeiro's positive test on steroids and must say I'm disapointed. One of the things you will see that I am consistant on is I dispise people who feel they have to cheat. (hence part of my hatred for Bush)

Now one thing I would like to remind people is Jose Canseco, who was villified in his book which he stated he and Palmeiro took steroids and Palmeiro denied it in fact if I recall he said in the book the George W.,who was the owner of the Texas Rangers, knew they were taking steriods and turned the other way (of course steriods was legal at the time as far as I'm aware of).

As I said I believe in following the rules, since he broke the rules that should ban him from events like the Hall of Fame cause he disgraced the game of baseball (and McGwire who pretty much said he took steriods when he player and Giambi for the same).

Now I know we all suspect Bonds and Sosa for taking steroids but until that's proven their status as far as I'm concerned is still certain for making the Hall of Fame

One more thing, since Palmeiro lied to congress he should be in jail for that crime.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Palmeiro clearly stated that he never "intentionally" took steroids. He can't be expected to be held responsible when little gnomes slip a little extra something in his Wheaties every morning. These poor ballplayers who were plucked from their families right out of high school can't be held accountable for the millions of dollars shoved in their faces. He is clearly a victim.

He is a victim of a sporting public that is so quick to judge. No, wait a minute! Steroid usage is a "disease" and he needs to enter a treatment center at taxpayer's expense to cure his "disease".

How's that for a left point of view. ;D

Erik said...

Bravo then I guess on this one I'm on the right. Who knew. When testifying before congress he said he never took steroids. So that's where he lied to congress and if anyone, left or right believes him when he said he never knew he was taking them they are incredibly stupid.

Erik said...

By the way Robert I know where you were going last night referring to comments by Rush or O'Reilly or Rove or someone who said liberals would have treated terrorists with theropy after 9/11. Now everyone I know(including myself)(liberal AND conservative) has said they wanted Osama's head on a plater after that day. I still do. Now regarding torture and things like that I have one question for you Robert: How would you feel if someone came into your home and took Michelle, without charging her with a crime, without having a lawyer present, torture her bully her whether she had information or not. If I know you you would do everything in your power to get her back. That's what's wrong and that's part of the reason why we have more terrorists now then when we were attacked.

Anonymous said...

No Erik, I was just trying to be a little satirical about baseball and steroids. I absolutely meant no inference to terrorism, or torture. I would never quote or refer to Rush since I absolutely hate him. I rarely watch O'Reilly and have no real opinion of him.

Oh, and as far as someone coming into my home and kidnapping Michelle and torturing her, I can officially say I would be against such a thing.

Erik said...

Then I read into that too much and I apologize.

Erik said...

But Robert whether you knew it or not you were echoing comments Karl Rove made a few weeks ago about liberals and terrorism so I thought you were paraphrasing that. Again my apologies.