Monday, March 06, 2006

Maybe He Shouldn't

Everyone needs downtime. A break. Everyone from the President down to me and you. Bush takes month long vacations in Crawford at his ranch. I'd like to talk about two things that has happened during previous vacations. (Robert I know this will piss you off but they did happen).

First off during his Crawford break in 2001 he was warned during a Presidential Daily Briefing that "Bin Laden determined to use airplanes to strike the United States" he chose not to further investigate, nor increase security at airports. Hence 9/11 happened. Now I'm not saying that even if those steps happened 9/11 would have been prevented I've always said if someone has the guts enough they will find a way to do what they want but I'm saying steps could have been prevented if he paid attention during that briefing that MIGHT have saved lives. Just like during 9/11 instead of springing into action Bush CHOSE to continue to read to that classroom and to use the children he read to as part of a photo-op announcing that we are under attack. I always felt that was in pour taste. Now again I know about hindsight BUT if he ordered those planes to land earlier maybe the Pentagon and Pennsylvania hijackings would not have happened. Again that is speculation on my part.

Now onto another disaster this one natural. Katrina. Bush was warned several times during the trip to Crawford what did he do? Little to nothing. He claimed no one could know the levees would break but chose not to do anything about it in fact if you watched the briefing on the internet he didn't even ask any questions and looked like he was in a fog and if I recall, he did an appearence here in California, played guitar with a country singer who's name I forget, and looked drunk (in fact you may recall I said if he was drinking I can understand him having I feel the toughest job in the world and how I've gone through something simular).


Now again I know this is speculation and that it's easy to play monday morning quarterback but these questions do linger in my mind and I wonder if anyone else think about this as well.

6 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

Nothing you've ever said about politics has ever pissed me off, Erik.

Erik said...

Should I go over our last discussions.. Especially about Cheney and charges filed??

Robert E Wilson said...

Yes, please do, if you want to re-open that can of worms. I wasn't angry at your politics.

Erik said...

so you are upset that I mentioned I feel and still do that Cheney should be charged with a crime like most people would.

Robert E Wilson said...

No, that's not it.

Erik said...

And you were also upset I mentioned the fact that Cheney was drinking while taking heart medicine and that the NRA says you get drink and shoot.