Monday, March 13, 2006

Religious Leaders?

I'd like to give two quotes from two of the religious leaders of the country, Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell. You tell me if you feel they are racist or in denial.

First, courtesy of rawstory Pat Robertson on Muslums, all muslims:

just shows the kind of people we're dealing with. These people are crazed fanatics, and I want to say it now: I believe it's motivated by demonic power. It is satanic and it's time we recognize what we're dealing with."

Robertson also said that "the goal of Islam, ladies and gentlemen, whether you like it or not, is world domination."

In a statement later Monday, Robertson said he was referring specifically to terrorists who want to bomb innocent people as being motivated by Satan. In the news story, he noted, radical Muslims were shown screaming: "May Allah bomb you! May Osama Bin Laden bomb you!"


Now Jerry Falwell courtesy of americablog:

Earlier today, reports began circulating across the globe that I have recently stated that Jews can go to heaven without being converted to Jesus Christ. This is categorically untrue....

Like the Apostle Paul, I pray daily for the salvation of everyone, including the Jewish people.

Funny speaking only for myself as a jewish person I didn't realize I was going to hell just for being jewish. I realize that I've done many stupid things in my life that might send me there (I guess I will be judged at that time) but not just for being jewish.

Again these are two of our countries most respected religious leaders and you know they have a big influence on what is thought in this country. It's a shame that they both feel so much disdain for religions not there own. They really need to learn about them before passing judgement.

3 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

Robertson didn't say this about "all Muslims". His statements were referring to what he called "radical Muslims".

Also, his statement about the goal of Islam being "world domination" is essentially true. In the pure Islamic faith, there is no tolerance for those who are not followers of Islam.

This should not be construed that I am a Pat Robertson follower (hell no?) nor am I against all Muslims. I realize not all Muslims follow the creed mentioned above.

Erik said...

He gives the impression (I felt)all muslims are radicals. We both know otherwise but there are those followers who believe that. What excuse do you have about Falwell and his hate?

Erik said...

Either Robert you have no excuse for Falwell or you agree with him either case is sad.