Sunday, March 12, 2006

More on Domestic Spying

I'd like to give a view of a chant on ABC today between Sen. Feingold (D), George Stephenopoulos and Bill Frist (R).

Sen. Feingold wants to introduce a bill to censure (not impeach) George Bush for lying about the domestic spying program. I would have no problem with that although I feel he should be impeached for this, the Iraq war and other things but that's not important. I'd like to give Bill Frists response:

FRIST: George, what was interesting in listening to my good friend, Russ, is that he mentioned protecting the American people only one time, and although you went to politics a little bit later, I think it’s a crazy political move and I think it in part is a political move because here we are, the Republican Party, the leadership in the Congress, supporting the President of the United States as Commander in Chief, who is out there fighting al Qaeda and the Taliban and Osama bin Laden and the people who have sworn, have sworn to destroy Western civilization and all the families listening to us. And they’re out now attacking, at least today, through this proposed censure vote, out attacking our Commander in Chief. Doesn’t make sense.

So let me get this straight- Bill Clinton gets impeached about his private sex life and George Bush can get away with an illegal spying program on it's citizens, he can get away with lying about a war which has killed about 2300 of our citizens and nothing is supposed to happen to him??

One more thing I found at http://www.thinkprogress.org and that's where Sen. Mike DeWine (R) is authoring a bill where reporters can be prosecuted for, godforbid, REPORTING on the domestic spying program.

You wonder why I compare Bush and the republicans to HITLER cause this is straight out of that.

No comments: