Thursday, September 01, 2005

First Stupid Comment

No sooner did I post how someone was going to say something stupid regarding the disaster then Dennis Hassert said "we should think twice before re-building New Orleans."

Now I live in Los Angeles and between our Earthquakes,Floods,Fires we get our fair share of disasters here and I can tell you I never heard anyone say that we in Los Angeles should not rebuild at least publically. What about in San Francisco after the 1989 Earthquake. I didn't hear about how they shouldn't rebuild after levee after levee failed in the midwest in 1995.

I wonder the motivation behind that statement. I realize he is ignorant but I wonder why he would make such a statement like that. I have a feeling but it would create too much of a controversy here. But you can kinda take a guess.

Tell you what let me actually say what I'm thinking. I wonder if the reason he made those comments is cause New Orleans is a poor town full of people of color. I'm not saying that's why he made it I'm just wondering that's all.

No comments: